Thursday, June 20, 2013

Let God lead me again....

Wow, seems like forever since I've actually taken the time to sit down & put my thoughts & feelings to words.....I've actually been under a major attack from the enemy for quite a bit. At first I was doing pretty good at just taking all the hurtful attacks & just lay them at the foot of the Cross. But the day came when I started fighting back on my own....mistake.

Seems like when we take our problems into our own flesh hands, we fail. It may take a minute, hour, day, a year or even more, but eventually we WILL fail. God created us to need Him, in ALL areas of our lives. He created us to have to have Him in EVERY area of our lives...from birth to death, we will never be fulfilled until we realize we were created by Him for Him.


This is not news to me. I've known & understood this for a few years now. I was flowing right along just abiding within Him for quite awhile, no doubts, no lack of faith, just total belief & love. The Bible says in...         

1 Peter 5:8 ESV          

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.


I recognize that creeps attacks from a mile away, usually. But what about when you're under attack & from another part of your life comes another attack, then another????? What do you do then???? Do NOT do what I did. I let him trick me into falling for his lies.

I believe that he uses things from our past to try to lure us into taking our eyes off of God & then attacks those areas that are exposed from EVERY angle. He can't read our minds, so he has to rely on our history & what he hears, or sees. With me he found an opening in areas he attacks regularly. For years he used the same old trick, and for years I fell for it....but then God showed me how I could just focus on Him & let Him take care of all my life....ALL of it. I'm not sure what has given him the opportunity this time, I wouldn't write it down even if I did.

So, today & actually for the last few days God has been trying to get my attention back, but I ignored Him. That is until today. He shared these Verses with me about my dilemma's & showed me EXACTLY what He meant at this moment through these Words for my situation....

Philippians 3:13-14 (ESV)

 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Then He followed those beautiful Truths with these.....

Colossians 2:8(ESV)  See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

 

Oh my did those open my eyes......& these were just a couple of the many He led me to!! I believe He was showing me He will take care of it, I just need to put my eyes back on Him & give Him the problems that I was holding on soooo tightly to. I now realize that I can't fix my past, I can only learn from it & move on.

 

So, I'm ready again to let go....let God's peace envelope me & God lead me again.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment