Monday, September 1, 2014

What is "ALL in" to you??

So, my Daddy's been working on giving this message to me, to share with you. The message has been shared bit by bit, piece by piece until the wonderful night, tonight, that He is sharing the final part that will of course bring it all together for me....and I hope y'all too. My Daddy loves me so much & He doesn't want me to doubt that one bit. I am His beloved daughter & I could never do anything to make Him stop loving me...but that's not like people. People will stop loving you if you step over that one boundary. The one that makes them take a step back. I've experienced this on many occasions in my life, both before I began walking in a relationship with Christ & after. We are ALL people.

At first I would do anything I could to try to get them back. I couldn't take it if someone didn't like me. I can't remember a time when I was growing up that I wasn't trying to get my moms approval, or a friends, or even a boys. I just knew it would make me whole. I looked at all the cool kids & wished I fit in...I didn't. Throughout my 20's & 30's I did the same thing. I just never found where I fit in. Then God brought us Sweet hubby & finally I knew He created him just for me. I never did however stop being a people pleaser, this started a habit of me taking in strays. Both people & animals. Before long we lost everything, we hit bottom & found Daddy at the bottom at our first church. The more we went to church & learned about Christ & walking with Him, the more I wanted to know. I was filled with questions. When I believe, I believe there is no doubt. I still struggled with people who had known me before I found my Best Friend Forever, my Daddy God. People were waiting for me to just give up on Jesus when we struggled & went through trials. Almost actually saying, "what about God, where's He, why isn't He helping??"

There were times through the years that we didn't go to church, but I NEVER left Christ's church. I still walked with Him, still learned about Him, still asked questions....did everything except go to a building. Still we always make it to a church to have fellowship with fellow believers when God places it on our hearts. So, during one of our church's sermon series the Pastor talked about going "ALL in" even getting poker chips that said "ALL in" on them. I loved this chip. It is a great reminder that a relationship with Him is ALWAYS "ALL in."                                                                                                                                                                         I actually had forgotten I had it until I was cleaning out my wallet to go to the last women's retreat in Georgia. As soon as I saw it my heart literally jumped for joy. I love this chip. I placed it in the front part of my wallet where I see it quite often, every time I open my wallet, in the clear plastic pocket. The reason I wanted to share this is because it directly relates to the message He has for us.

This last few weeks, I've talked to several people, of different ages, about "acting this way around other believers" & "different around "non-believers." For instance talk about God to people who believe, but don't make the "non-believers" uncomfortable by talking about Him. Really, really????

For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.
                                                                                  Mark 8:38 NJKV


I don't know about you but to me this isn't what Jesus asks us to do when we begin a relationship with Him. When I first started my relationship with Him, I didn't know how to share with others. I fumbled & stumbled my way through by just being honest about my beliefs. Even though I could share my testimony with other believers, it was very difficult for me to share it with people that I didn't know, or people that I did that didn't have a relationship with Christ. I would let the enemy distract me with his lies about being laughed at & made fun of, or told off, or even just ignored completely. I made the choice to be distracted, I can't blame that on the enemy. As I'm getting farther & farther into this relationship with my Daddy, I'm learning to let the enemy distract me a whole lot less now.

If we don't share our Daddy, who will?? I love to tell people how much He's taught me, or how much He loves me & cherishes me. I live to share the Good News!!! How could I not want everyone I know, meet, or even see to have what I have. To know they are protected & loved. Share with them that all they have to do is believe Jesus died on the Cross for us, that He was resurrected & He was the Ultimate Sacrifice. Because of His Selfless act, His blood now covers ALL our sins & we are no longer under the law...what I truly love to share is that each step, each moment, of everyday I am in Him & He is in me...the unexplainable PEACE I can live in. All I have to do is choose to let Him lead my steps, be my GPS if you will. Some of those steps are pretty difficult. Some are a little easier.

What I believe is this, He knows what each of us struggles with, the shaping & molding are usually in those areas. So if you struggle with sharing the Good News with people who either don't believe, or you don't know if they do...that's probably going to be an area that stays pretty warm under the heat. Only because He's molding you to be more like Christ which I know you already know, but just felt the need to put that out there.

If you are walking with Christ, I believe He wants us to go "ALL in" for Him. Be willing to share with strangers about why were shinning so bright. Be willing to be who He is molding us to be, ALL THE TIME. Not just in front of people who know Who He is. But every day of your life, be the person He's creating in you, not who the world tells you that you need to be. If you can't be who He is leading you to be, you're not really walking with Him. There is NO gray area. You're either with Him or not with Him, there is no in between.

The deeper I fall in love with Him, the more I feel free to be me-in Him. I feel like it's ok if I want to say Jesus, in front of someone. Or share with someone what He's done in me, whether I know them or not.

I believe that He is first in my life. I know that He is my protector, provider & that He never leaves me, He's always right here. I have heard that "you put God in front of everything even family & that's not right!!!" I've also heard, "please leave me alone." But the one I cherish & pray for each time, is when someone says, "thank you for being willing to step out." It doesn't matter to me if I'm politically correct, or not. Honestly I'm not trying to fit in this world, I'm biding my time until eternity, truth be told I want to see as many people as I can in eternity with me, mostly because I want my Daddy to have as many of His children with Him as possible.

I've been asked by people what I believe in. My answer will always be Jesus Christ. I believe He was God & man & that because of Him taking the punishment He didn't deserve, I now have what I rightfully don't deserve, His grace. I believe that anyone who chooses to take Jesus Christ as their Savior is saved. I believe that He is why I have peace, hope & of course love. In closing this I pray that everyone who reads this will stop & think about this....are you "ALL in" for Christ, or just a fan??

If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
                                                                                                  John 15:18 NKJV

Remember just saying His Name, plants a seed. So stop worrying what others will think if you go "ALL in" for Jesus, make Him smile & share the Good News, or at least plant a seed. If you're claiming to be a Christian walking in a relationship with Christ, then be transparent when it comes to your beliefs. Don't let the enemy distract you with doubt, or worry, or better yet FEAR. That is what it is after all, right??? Tell that FEAR to get behind you & take a step of faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment